Saturday 30 October 2010

JIMI HENDRIX - rare version 03/07/1967 belgium -HEY JOE




Jimi Hendrix Experience band from 1967 with Hey Joe. It is hard to believe that all three of the band members are dead now. Jimi Hendrix passed away in 1970 at age 27 while bass player Noel Reading died in 2003 in Ireland. The drummer; Mitch Mitchell died in USA in 2008.

It seems like yesterday when I watched them on Top of the Pops as a seven year old kid. I was living in Stoke Newington at the time. We lived there from 1967 to 1969. We moved back to Poplar in East London in 1969 and remember being surprised to learn of Jimi Hendrix dying. That was in 1970, but I don't think I learned until the following year. That's because I was saying, "When did that happen?" and replies were, "last year."

I got more into his style of music many years after his death, but I do remember watching him on Top of the Pops in the late sixties while living in Stoke Newington.


No comments: