Saturday 9 April 2011

And then there was those blooming horses!


Another thing that springs to mind is betting shops. I had the total wrong idea about betting shops, when I was a kid. For the life of me, I could not understand why little kids were not allowed in betting shops where a group of blokes sat around a table talking about things until one turned to the other and said, "No it's not."

Then the man talking in the first place insists, "Yes, it is so."

Then both men would hold out a hand to shake and say, "Want a bet on it."

There was nothing adult about 'want a bet on it.' I said it all the time with my class mates at school and I was good at it.
 
I thought my Dad went to the betting shop because he couldn't stand watching those boring horses running along a grass track. I found them blooming boring too, so why the heck could he not take me with him.







No comments: