Sunday 3 April 2011

Banderas - She Sells




You don't hear much about the Banderas anymore. They made a few haunting and compelling songs. I would suppose that the two ladies followed their own avenues in the music industry. I particularly like this one. The lyrics are good and the actual video sends a strong message about how ladies can sell anything with a kind smile and suggestion of other things too. 

I remember watching it for the first time after they were on a late programme singing their single; This is Your Life. Both songs were very good and very compelling. However, the lyrics and the video to this one do flick a switch with me, because what the Banderas are singing about, is very true indeed. 

I'm not sure if the band are just pointing out that when, (She Sells;) they are stating a fact. Or, if they are feminist and perhaps, a little annoyed by the reality of it all. If it is the later; I'm afraid I like the song and video because I don't mind being shallow and teased by the smiling lady selling things from an air line to a cheese cake. I might even have bought a cheese cake off of her... :) 


No comments: