Friday 20 May 2011

(Radiogram Adventures) Adam Faith - What Do You Want


I saw Adam Faith in a grey or silver Mercedes the year before he died. It was in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex. I was driving my van back to the work yard and he was driving on the other side of the road. I knew the face and then the penny dropped. I think he might have been driving to the Palace or Westcliff theatre. Perhaps he was in a stage play. It would have been summer or autumn 2002.

This song was among one of my Mum's old 45s. She also had Greenfinger and Lonely Pup by Adam Faith. I used to find them among the radiogram's records in the container. I was watching him in a tv series called Budgie at the time. In Budgie, he played a petty crook and the world's biggest loser. Every week he would try a new 'get rich quick' scheme and it would always end in tears.


No comments: