Saturday 21 May 2011

Man in a suitcase (Retro tv series)



This is another theme tune I remember well. It stared Richard Bradford as an ex CIA agent and was very popular in the late 60s and early 70s. In the UK at this time, there was only three network channels. BBC 1, BBC 2, and ITV. I think these wonderful shows might have had a captured audience in the UK so they had a real good chance of getting up and running before a large group of viewers.

I think in today's more diverse market, some of these shows might not capture the imagination so much because there is such a wide choice available. This is more the pity really, but then we all do like choice. The trouble with too much choice is; I find myself sifting through the channels looking for something and when you watch just ten minuets of a show and then five or more of adverts it becomes taxing. I find it hard to concentrate and start channel hoping.
 

No comments: