Monday 20 June 2011

Colour School Picture from Limehouse in 1965-1966



This was in the old Cyril Jackson School in Limehouse. The year is either 1965 or 1966. This old Cyril Jackson School is no longer there. We were transferred to the new one across the road, shortly after this picture was taken. I'm sitting up on the plank with my hand on my face. To my right is my sister Elaine in a white coat with black flecks. On my left, at the very end, is a boy in a blue anorak called Jeffery.

The tall black boy in the front; I think his name was Donald, if my memory serves me right. I always remember he wore a berry and we called it a special soldier's hat. I don't think I knew that it was a berry then. It makes me laugh; because I think Donald could take Frank Spencer to court for copyright theft... LOL. I always remember he was very tall and seemed to tower above the rest of us. I can remember playing with Donald and Jeffery a lot, but I also remember the boy in the blue balaclava, next his little sister, in front of my sister and me. I also recollect the smaller by standing next to Donald.

I wonder where they all are now. I've left the East End of London's Limehouse long ago. I lived in Stoke Newington for a while then moved to Poplar, and then to Hornchurch in Essex in 1972.

Since then, I've lived in Leigh-on-Sea in Essex and now; I live in the Fenland Market town of March, Cambridgeshire. How we move through time. People say time travel does not exist, but it does. In our carbon body vehicles we have all moved through time from this little moment of captured eternity.


 

No comments: