Monday 26 September 2011

The Robinson Crusoe - Retro French children's tv series


As a kid, I used to enjoy this adaptation of Robinson Crusoe. To me, it was the original because it was the first time I had heard of the story. Of course I have seen other versions since, but this was and still is, my favorite Robinson Crusoe. The music was good - always capturing the mood of what was happening. It used to be on several days a week, if I can remember rightly, in the 1960s. It was on every day during the summer six weeks holidays of the early 1970s.

It was a French tv children's production that was first shown in Germany as four ninety minuet episodes. However, by the time it came over to the UK, it was dubbed into English with a new musical background, which is on the above YouTube clip. The new British version was shown in thirty minuet episodes and the musical themes were composed by Robert Merlin and P. Reverberi instead of the French/German soundtrack by George Van Parys.


No comments: