Saturday 19 November 2011

Moyra Melons Ear Rings on the Notability Scale

Moyra Melons was thinking about the way she might look sitting at a desk in the work place. She wanted her nice pearl ear rings to stand out and look good. Therefore she asked her husband to stand above her, while she was practising sitting on the garden bench.
"Right, pretend I'm sitting at my desk in the office," she said. "When you look down; can you notice them?"

"Well yes," he replied. "I can certainly see something."

"Yes but are they the first two things you notice," asked Moyra a little impatiently. She found it essential that her ear rings should be noticed. 

"Well not exactly the first two things dear, but they do come in a good second."

"That's no good - I want people to notice my ear rings first thing above all else. Is that a tall order?"

Her husband grinned and came over in another hot flush. "I think it might be Moyra."

"Why?" she asked a little perplexed.

"Well let's pretend I'm your work boss and I'll ask you to come into my office. There I can explain the finer points of why your ear rings will always look nice but still come second on the looking down notabilityometer."

"The looking down notabilityometer? I've never heard of such a thing," she replied tartly while following her husband into the house pretending it was his office. She thought she would indulge him on this particular matter. He told her she scored an amazing 11 out of 10 with this strange device when he looked down.

However, once he closed the door, she realised her indulgence stretched to two more things because of his notabilityometer. The lovely Moyra Melons got more then she bargained for... :)  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that hot summer day, Moyra undid her top button to help cool herself down while I had some icecream that was qickly melting. Plus, my hay fever was playing up something terrible. As Moyra lent towards me, a tickling, tingling sensation starting to build. I thought, uh-oh, this is gooig to be a embarrassingly loud sneeze. Next thing you know, she sneezes instead! Pops her top two buttons right open!! Well, that was my cue to let go a huge explosion of my own, sending my sticky cream all over the poor lady. She graciously licked as much off as she could, saying that she loved the taste. As we walked back to the car, I saw a few chaps rubbing their eyes or winking at me. Fellow hay fever sufferers, I surmised. "Where are you off to next, with the lovely lady looking slightly dishevelled?", asked one cheeky blighter. "The Lake District by train", said Moyra. "Very nice" says matey boy. "Anywhere I know?" "If you must know," I say to him, "We're visiting Carlisle. But first I'm going to get this lady into a private carriage then I'm going to Cockermouth". That shut him up.