Tuesday 3 January 2012

Britain in 1960s decade - Cilla Black


When I was a kid, I can remember that Cilla Black had a weekend TV show, that was very popular. Of course she has hosted other TV shows since then and she is an iconic household name in the UK with her Liver bird (Liverpool girl) accent. She came to fame during the time of the Beatles and played at the same venues in Liverpool. I am told she featured in the famous Cavern where the Beatles played too.

One of my favourite things about being British; was growing up in the 1960s. Every memory is still through naive childhood eyes. I thought all our adults where great and our entertainment was fun too. It is still good now, but I think we are overdosed with too many fine artists and most don't get the nationwide appeal on the scale that many of the Retro Brit sixties celebrities got. I have chosen two Cilla Black songs that conjure up all sorts of kind memories from my childhood.

No comments: