Sunday 22 December 2013

Dreamy Future of Youth and Dear Prudence by Siouxie and the Banshees



I never thought these days would change. I was young and the world of life was a vast unseen horizon stretching out before me.

Nothing stays the same, but sometimes when I hear these great sounds, it takes me back to when I was naive enough to believe that life was a beautiful dreamy future waiting for me with open arms.

Perhaps it was, but somewhere along the way the tinsel and glamour of it all diminished. I did not see the change each day, but when I hear these lovely sounds; I realise then; that somewhere through the journey of life, little bits of joyful expectation fell away.

Where and when I cannot say, but for a while I can listen and remember before such things fell away. I think rock stars of all eras make little moments in eternity that we can take for our own private use. We store things in our own personnel cupboards and we bring them out every now and then.






No comments: