Sunday 9 March 2014

A New House in the Fenlands

I'm sorry that there has not been too many Retro Brit Blogs of late, but this will only be for a short time.
 
I have recently moved into the Fenlands of Cambridgeshire, close to the Norfolk and Lincolnshire borders.
 
Everything seems to be happening now as Carole and I try to get our bungalow in order.
 
To the front of the house, we have open field views of the Fens. I also bought a Nikon D3100 camera. Why? I don't know anything about cameras.
 
It just seemed like a good idea at the time. Fortunately, the camera workings are pretty much self explanatory. Therefore, I can learn quickly by trial and error and enjoy photographing some of the nice things about my new house.
I've never seen so many birds of prey - i,e, Common Buzzards, Kestrels and Barn Owls. Trouble is; they will not stay still long enough for me to get one on camera. Or they only appear when I don't have the camera with me. I'm sure that will all come good in the end. In the meantime, I've taken a few little shots of the outside of my new house.  
 
The spring is here and everything is starting to bud. I found a new job with Fenland District Council emptying the refuse bins in the countryside and in the various market towns of the Fens.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: