Sunday 25 May 2014

Jumpin' Jack Flash - The Rolling Stones with Brian Jones




This is how I remembered them as a kid with all my elders bemoaning them. As though they were the anti-Christ in mortal form. I could not understand why I liked them and found them compelling when my betters said such scathing things about these long haired layabouts. Why were they on television? Was it so we could say bad things about the way they were?
The world has changed so much since this time and now The Rolling Stones and many other 'long haired layabout' bands of the 60s are institutionalised and iconic of these times. They left a footprint that will be remembered for thousands of years. Imagine being able to see Shakespeare, Cicero, Da Vinci or Plato on TV. The people of the future will be able to see these artists long after they are gone and in their glory days. 



No comments: