Saturday 7 June 2014

Marsh Harrier Over the Fens?



Wow! At last...
Every time I go out looking for owls or buzzards. They never show. This week, while at work on the refuse lorries I've seen Barn Owls and Buzzards every day. When I take Sasha, our pet German Shepard, for a walk with camera ready, none of the birds of Prey show up.
Then just a moment ago, I was sitting in the garden with Carole. My son Robbie and the Grandkids are down and the summer is coming along nicely after a storm. I'm looking out at the Fens from my side garden and as I'm sitting there all relaxed, a distant bird flies across the field. I can tell by the way it circles that it is no crow or raven.
"Christ," I say, as I run indoors to get my camera, babbling to Carole that I've seen an owl hunting over the Fens. She goes out for a look while I grab my camera. I use the zoom lens but it is some distance but the multiple shots are targeting it well. When I put the disk into the computer and magnify, I find its a Marsh Harrier and that it has something in its talons.
Look at the various shots. There is something clutched in the bird's talons.


No comments: