Saturday 23 August 2014

The Good, the bad and the ugly - Very Mixed Reviews for The Black and Tan Summer by C.A. Powell

The Black and Tan Summer has had some fine reviews and also attracted bad ones too. I suppose this is to be expected. One of the bad one says; the plot is simplistic and there are no bad books but fussy readers. I should take some comfort from this.

I take a step back and say to myself, "I wanted a simplistic plot." Why does it need to be complicated?

There was also another review that says the writing was poor because of the dialouge. People never spoke in such a way back in 1920. Well I guess I'll have to take that one on the chin. The book was professionally edited, but one can't please all the people all of the time.

The book is selling well around the Isles (Britain and Ireland) and in the USA. I just can't always understand why certain people want complex plots. Still, I'll keep plugging away. Reviews are reviews - good or bad - people are giving it a go.

The reviews: Check out the good the bad and the ugly! and this one.



No comments: