Sunday 31 May 2015

Never Get a Job by The Last Resort


When I stumbled through YouTube I came across this 'bad attitude lot' who looked about the same age as me. A bunch of punks who missed the train back in 1976 - Oh dear.

I thought, "Christ! Have they not grown out of it yet?"

Then, out of curiosity, I pressed play and I was transported back to 1977 with a sort of punk/something else. I found the band (The Last Resort) very compelling with this song about never getting a job. It's a great protest rant. 

These blokes seem to have something to say and many would accept they do it very well. They certainly blew a few cobwebs out of my eyes. Even though I am fortunate enough to have a job.

I like the 'old hat' rebel attitude from yester-year bubbling up into today's trials and tribulations. They sound great. A bunch of die hard skinhead punks. Give these guys a listen. You'll find them rather compelling.




No comments: