Monday 22 June 2015

Father's Day to see our Dads Plus Jellied Eels and Crayfish Tails - yum yum.

My wife, Carole and I decided to go out for the day on Sunday. It was Father’s Day and both our Dads live in Essex. My Dad lives in Hornchurch and Carole’s Dad lives in Burnham-on-Crouch.

We started early, as it is a one hundred miles trip to my Dads and another 30 miles on to Carole’s Dad. Then back along the motorway to the ring road M25 and back up the M11 towards Cambridgeshire and our little Market town of March. It was a good day out and both Dads were pleased to see us. I, of course took my camera and photographed some of Essex on the fine Sunday summer’s day. We even found a sea food stool in the middle of nowhere, coming out of Burnham towards Latchingdon. I, of course, had jellied eels. These delicious eats seem to make anyone, not London born, go yuk! I can’t understand them. We also had crayfish tails too – yum, yum.


It was a pleasant Sunday all round. First pictures are at my Dad's in Hornchurch. The second lot are on the way to Carole's Dad and of the old miniture Norman Castle he built in the Garden over 50 years ago. 

My Dad's Garden is like a secret place with lots of floral archways and nooks and crannies.










My Dad.

On the way to Carole's Dads at Burnham on Crouch. We pass through Bradwell-on-Sea








The old miniture Norman castle that Carole's Dad built over 50 years ago.




No comments: