Sunday 16 August 2015

Do you remember The Jam in 1977? (All Around The World (HD) )





When I left school in the year 1977, I went to work in the city of London. It was in Re-insurance down St Mary's Axe, working as a coding clerk for an Israeli company. I was 16 and loved going out to all the various record shops during my lunch break. They seemed to be every where in London. It was a very vibrant time and the music industry was going through a new metamorphosis with Punk Rock and New Wave bands. This was the beginning of the new music growth in the UK

I liked the Jam because they had that neo-mod look from the early retro sixties. This was the first song of theirs that I remember buying. I thought they were a wonderful blast of fresh air coming out of the already dead glam rock era. 

The old early seventies glam rock had gone and all sorts of different style were exploding upon the Brit music scene. It was a prelude to the forth coming 1980s decade and the Brit music industry was getting this wonderful second wind after the 1960s and early 70s. Something new was coming and this Jam song: All around the World - I've been looking for a new... 

Youth explosion!








No comments: