Sunday 9 August 2015

Wildflowers in Fenland Garden.



Last year, my wife scattered a mixture of wildflower seeds. We had acquired bags of horse manure for the strawberry and rhubarb plants and there was a spare section of earth where these wildflower seeds were scattered, along with some of the horse manure.

Not being one for gardens, at that time, I paid little attention to my wife’s toil where this endeavour was concerned. However, when the next year’s spring came along I was very pleasantly surprised at how well the seeds had taken. There was an abundance of cornflower blue with other types of flower growing within the sea of blue. As the summer came about, the other coloured flowers took and became so wonderfully more vibrant.

I’m very taken by the way the wildflowers look. They seem wonderfully unconventional with an attack of untamed growth, consisting of exciting colour mixes.

I spoke to my wife Carole, about how unexpectedly surprised I was by the floral explosion. We have a raised decking platform right by it all and look out at them on the summer evening.

I have now got more wildflower seeds and scattered them in the front garden amid bark chippings. I’m hoping the same thing will happen around the Red Hot Pokers and the Curry plant rockery.


As I grow older, I’m beginning to realise that I’ve never noticed the wood for the trees where gardens are concerned. It’s like I’ve had this wonderful awakening to it all. I think it is because I bought a camera to do my blog. I thought I might photograph a few things and use it to write blogs whilst searching for subjects of interest. I can’t believe where it has taken me.










No comments: