Sunday 20 December 2015

A Brief Return To Southend - on -Sea




As it is getting close to Christmas, Carole and I decided to go to Southend - on -Sea, the old place where we used to live before moving to the Fenland. Carole has two sons and a daughter and one son and the daughter are still living here. I have four sons, all of whom live here.

Between us, Carole and I have sixteen grandchildren with a seventeenth on the way. My son Lloyd and his wife expect the new edition in January.

Carole and I thought it would be a good idea to book a hotel room over looking the estuary to the North sea. From this base we could visit our various children (grown up and married) and our many grand children - deliver all the Christmas presents and set off home on Sunday afternoon.

We walked about the seaside town taking photos and doing the camcorder. We even had breakfast in the arches along the sea front. It was nice to see some of the old faces, but it was also grand to come back.

No comments: