Sunday 10 January 2016

A Walk Along Shepard's Bridge


Today, Carole and I went for a walk along Shepard's Bridge. I took the camera with me and there were a few things worth photographing though many did not come out too well. Still with today's photo tech one just scrubs the shot off of the memory card and starts again. I managed to get a cormorant on the cable line and then flying off.

Also, I saw a bird of prey (Common Buzzard) being harassed by crows and seagulls. I'm fast learning that when I see a group of carrion squawking excitedly; it is usually because a bird of prey is within the territory. They gang up and try to hustle the raptor away.

It usually works, but I think they have to be a little careful when doing this. They seem more manoeuvrable then raptors but they only need to get swiped once by the talons and the particular carrion bird will be heading downwards and endgame.

My pictures of the buzzard, hiding in the tree, were not worthy of putting on the blog. The distance needed better patience and each shot looked blurred due to the lens wobble. I got a couple of the buzzard flying off with carrion in pursuit, but again at distance.

After a while we got to Shepard's Bridge and had a look about. Nothing much was happening and although the day was bright, the winter had a chill bite. Not great for January, but just enough to let us know we were in winter.









No comments: