Friday 1 January 2016

The Flooded Fen and the Willow Warbler.


Its amazing to know that the entire lake will be gone in a few weeks time. The fields will be back and the cattle grazing. Even now, the various water fowl are going. There seems to be many hundreds of water birds less than before.

The whole place looks fantastic and we sit in the bird hides drinking coffee and talking about all sorts of things. Its always a nice way to spend a few hours. Something new always seems to happen. I took lots of photos. Most are no good, but odd ones are. I have put some on the two blogs before this one, but I did not know where to put the little Willow Warbler upon the reed that bent to a throw amid the wind. I wonder how this little bird viewed the area. This is all something very natural to the little creature. These birds like damp marshlands and reeds. I imagine this is the whole universe to the little being and the rest of the world is not worth knowing about.



No comments: