Thursday 21 April 2016

When You Sense the Day will be Wonderful


I got up on the Tuesday of April 19th 2016. It was a glorious morning and as I looked out from my front drive across the fields, I decided that I should get a photo on the mobile camera. As one can see the morning mist on the Fen, there was a promise of a fine day because the dew is already rising. Or at least that is what I like to believe. Tuesdays are also wonderful days at work. We go out into these far flung fields and empty the bins. We make our way into two small villages right on the Lincolnshire boarder.

One hamlet is called Newton and the other is Tydd St Giles. Both are very tranquil English villages - quiet and modest nestled amid the farmlands of the Fens.

As the day went along it got better with the sun climbing towards the afternoon zenith. The birds were tweeting away and there was a light breeze. We loaded bins for about four hours following the lorry as it slowly moved along the country lanes. We stopped by an old church in Newton for a cup of tea and a sandwich. I walked around and took a few more shots on the mobile. 

Afterwards we worked our way along the country lanes where fields of rapeseed were brilliant yellow. Gradually we edged closer to the little village of Tydd St Giles. I had to stop here and take a few more shots of their old church too. We moved on and finally finished just outside of the village. The lorry was full and we took a last brake before returning to the town of March where the rubbish tip is.


Newton's Church




Tydd St Giles Church






No comments: