Wednesday 4 May 2016

Whittlesey Moving Towards Summer.

I had been emptying bins in Whittlesey during early April and was struck by the spring beginning to take a hold.

Therefore I took the opportunity to get a few picks on the mobile camera as we went about our work. It was a great spring morning and the Fens are beginning to come to life as the various flora starts to pack its presence felt.

It gives me a lift, and my work mates agree also. Being out and about from now until early November is great. The winter never seems to last long. This year it has been the mildest winter I've ever known.

Still I'm not complaining. The Fenland is beginning to bloom. I actually get up and look forward to going to work, especially now the mornings a daylight at such early hours. Their birds are singing and the fields are becoming green with crops. Some yellow with rapeseed. That stuff grows so quickly.

The Fens are at their best in spring and summer. We worked the streets of the hamlet towns among the old thatched cottages. There seems to be a lot in Whittlesey nestled among the more modern housing.













No comments: