Sunday 29 January 2017

Where I Live in Fenlands, England, UK.


My wife and I took a walk over the bird hides of Manea. There is always something of interest going on along the bridal path. We crossed by the rickety old cottage and began to walk between the two rivers. There is a dyke running along the River Delph with scattered bird hides along the way. The other side of the bridal path has the River Bedford with water reeds all along the bank.

I was flapping around with the camera when I saw the Kestrel hovering about doing the normal kestrel thing. As I started taking photoshoots, she went into a dive. She had a wicked sublime majesty as the air warrior dived for her prey.

Whatever she was going for, it got away and lived to forage another day. As, of course, did the hungry Kestrel.

No comments: