Wednesday 17 May 2017

The Lord of the Rings (My Goodreads Review)

The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the Rings, #1-3)The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this back in 1979 when I was eighteen and I could not put the trilogy down. I absolutely loved this story and became totally engrossed in the wonderful and dangerous world of Middle Earth. I missed my stop on the train several times when reading, during my commute, to and from London. I found corners during my break times to read.

I can honestly say, that this was a wonderful story that made me sad when I got to the end of it all. Sad because I would leave this wonderful fantasy world. In my view, the best ever fantasy saga of all time. It was also great to have read it as an impressionable naive eighteen year old kid. Being spellbound was more rewarding at that young age. This story has a very special place in my heart as I’m sure it does for so many other people too.


C.A. Powell
The Last Days of Thunder Child




View all my reviews


    




No comments: