Tuesday 6 June 2017

Eggs, Beans and Crumpets by P.G. Wodehouse (My Goodreads Review.)

Eggs, Beans And CrumpetsEggs, Beans And Crumpets by P.G. Wodehouse
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Archibald Mulliner, Bingo Little - these little yarns are gut holding funny. If you like a good laugh; read this. P.G. Wodehouse is an absolute gem. I stumbled upon P.G. Wodehouse by accident. I had heard of Jeeves and Wooster but did not really know who had written such stories. Then one day while looking through a bookshop, I decided upon Young Men in Spats. I don't know what made me buy the book, but it must have been an impulse thing. I had know idea what to expect except comedy.

I loved the short story format about various different high society fellows of Britain's 1920s and 1930s decade. It is another world and P.G Wodehouse writes so splendidly. Eggs, Beans and Crumpets is one of my favourite P.G. Wodehouse romps. Once again, I found it difficult to contain my glee while travelling to and from work on the rush hour train. I love some of the names the author comes up with and even describing situations is a complete barrel of laughs as one giggles a way through these truly funny stories of well-intentioned buffoons start off with great aplomb on all sorts of quests only to find themselves steamrollered into disastrous situations - one after another. Give this one ago - lol - I implore you too.



View all my reviews





    



No comments: