Friday 21 July 2017

Imperial Sunset by R.F. Delderfield (My Goodreads Review)

Imperial Sunset

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After reading the first historical account of The Retreat from Moscow, I could not resist this one. It was equally as good with Napoleon trying to reform his diminished and shattered army to stop the retribution of allied nations that were gathering to destroy his Grand dream for Europe, once and for all.

This is an incredible account of endurance of Napoleon's Grand Army. It is awesome and heartbreaking - even for the enemies of Napoleon's France. Some of the feats that the master of campaigns and his Marshals manage are mind boggling.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Napoleonic history.

Meeting Boudicca



C.A. Powell
The Last Days of Thunder Child


View all my reviews

No comments: