Friday 21 July 2017

STAR RANGERS by Andre Norton (My Goodreads Review)

Star Rangers

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was the first Andre Norton book that I read. I was about thirteen or fourteen at the time. I did not realise that the Author was a lady. I just thought the person an American man with a French sounding name. The reason is that it is very young male orientated in my opinion. The very start grips the reader with a space ship crash landing on this planet with breathable oxygen and a surrounding forest etc.

The crews are a mixed group of Terrans (Human) Zachurian (Reptilian) and other. An expedition is sent out to explore and the reader is quickly made aware of some vast empire or something called Central Control. A Unified type of Federation that is in the process of falling or declining after hundreds of years. Our band of shipwrecked explorers are from this Space Union.

As the story unfolds, the crew make discoveries of a past civilisation and piece by piece the shipwrecked explorers begin to find out more about the planet they have crash landed on.

A very exciting sci-fi story written (I think) in the 1950s or there about's. It has a wonderful retro feel about and I would recommend it highly.




No comments: