Sunday 24 September 2017

Porsche Cars for the Norfolk Boys in Blue.


I was surprised, to say the least when I saw a fabulous looking Porsche car with Norfolk County Constabulary emblazoned on such a fine vehicle built for speed. Speeds well in excess of our national speed limits.

I thought to myself. “Maybe traffic cops are using them. Perhaps they need to chase lawbreakers speeding on the motorways?”

However, I had never seen our police using such a car. I’ve seen the police in Abu Dhabi. They drive police cars that are Ferrari. But then cars in that country do tend to be out of the norm.

I wandered over to the policeman standing behind the vehicle. He had a big smile on his face as I photographed the car and started to look around it. On the bonnet was the Norfolk County Constabulary emblem. No mistaking.

I looked at the smiling policeman. He was obviously the copper who got to drive the vehicle. He obviously knew I was going to ask questions.

“Do you use them for motorway offences, like speeding?” I asked.
He chuckled and replied. “No, we do not use them at all. This is just a promotion stunt. I wish we did.”

I laughed at my naivety. “Oh, I thought I had not seen you guys driving one of these. I thought maybe you were about to.”

Again he said. “We could only wish.”


Grinning at my assumption, I carried on looking around the Sandringham Craft Fair for some of the more retro British things of the countryside's attractions.

No comments: