Saturday 30 December 2017

Splendid German War Movie.


When I saw this movie on Amazon Prime, I could not resist downloading it. I was not disappointed. It was an in-depth movie – a good German production. I liked Das Boat, Downfall and the original 1950s version of The Bridge. I suppose my choice of Rommel was upon the good merit of these previously watched German made war movies I had seen. I suppose I could add Stalingrad, but it was dubbed in English. I’m a Brit but dubbed English really does not work for me. Therefore, I was pleased when I realised this was still in German. I prefer to read subtitles and get a real feel for the nation speaking its native tongue.

The Rommel movie concentrates on the last seven months of Field Marshal’s life. We see him just prior to the Normandy invasion force and during the botched assassination attempt on Adolf Hitler’s life. The movie makes for a splendid historical drama and I would highly recommend watching this superb war film. If you are on Amazon Prime, you can rent it for 30 days at .99p. A bargain by any stretch of the imagination.

No comments: