Friday 9 February 2018

The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde (My Goodreads Review.)

The Picture of Dorian GreyThe Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had no idea of the paranormal path this story was going to take. I thought it would be something along the lines of social etiquette of the Victorian age. A little like Pride and Prejudice was to another time in history. I was delighted with the more dark aspect of what this story is about, began to dawn on me. I was soaking up all the dialogue of the artist and his friend talking about this exceptional looking young man who was to be the subject matter of the artist's attention.

Then the chat about how Dorian wished he could be like the painting forever and would never grow old and lose such looks. Then the whole thing began to take its sinister course. Fabulous!


View all my reviews

No comments: