Wednesday 28 February 2018

What Science Fiction Book Next?

H.G. Wells notion of the mass refugee crises was important. That is one of the things that I did not appreciate at first. I just took it for granted he would know because of what happened in the two world wars. Then I realise he wrote this in the 1890s. He purely speculated the mass panic and movement of people on this colossal scale. He seems to have grasped so many things.

I loved the novel, The Invisible Man. The whole presentation was excellent. Invisibility is now believed to be possible. Imagine an alien intelligence among us. An invisible race of watchers.

I think The Island of Doctor Moreau will be by next H.G. Wells. I've always avoided this novel, but I think the time has come. Something about the story repulses me. I know the concept but not the actual story.

No comments: