Tuesday 10 April 2018

A Delicate Truth by John le Carré (My Goodreads Review)

A Delicate Truth

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This story was a total WOW! From the first page to the very last, I was gripped. I usually like John Le Carre's old Cold War stories. But this one was splendid and set during Blair and Brown's time in office. The new post- Cold War espionage stories are coming along a treat. I highly recommend this one to any fan of British espionage. A real page-turner and a little faster paced than the usual John le Carre novels I've been used to reading.

Toby Bell, a young Foreign Office worker finds himself well and truly entwined in a delicate truth. Perhaps that is putting it mildly. The characters throughout this tale are first class and the dialogue is splendid. I can't wait to read my next John Le Carre after this novel. I thought I was stayed old fuddy-duddy afraid to move away from his Cold War era stories. I just decided to dip my toe into the more modern-day themes and was delightfully surprised.



No comments: